Through its research, development and inovation departments and due to its field experience, Nuclear NDT permanentely improves and implements advanced examination methods and techniques in order to ensure continuous increase of inspection reliability.
We mention, in this respect, elaboration of examination techniques at high temperatures applied during plant operation. Procedures based on these techniques and specific devices and equipment were validated with ISCIR, the Romanian regulatory body for pressure equipment, and are now routinely applied for evaluation of the integrity of pressure equipment in oil refineries, chemical plants, power plants etc.
- Ultrasonic Testing, including Phased Array, up to 300 °C
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements, up to 540 °C
- Liquid Penterant Testing, up to 200 °C
- Magnetic Particle Testing, up to 427 °C
- Acoustic Emission condition monitoring, no temperature limit (using high efficiency waveguides, designed and achieved by NNDT)